Aris hotel is the impressive art hotel of Paleochora, Crete. It is open all year round to offer you the chance to experience Crete every season of the year.
Paleochora is the travel capital of southwest Crete. It is a big village, and a very unique and popular destination in South Crete for decades. The great advantages of Paleochora are its superb climate, its stunning collection of no less than 10 nearby beaches, and its traditional-Cretan-village feeling that is still alive today.
Aris hotel is a family business. It is run since 1988 by the Liatakis family – now in its second generation. The latest renovation of the art hotel took place in the winter of 2015.
Aris, unlike other hotels, is called an “art hotel” for good reason. In the outside and inside spaces of the hotel, there is an open gallery of excellent handmade art items, made by the artists of the family. This open gallery is constantly changing, as the older items are sold and newer items are created. During the 2015 renovation, the hotel and room interiors were carefully designed and decorated with excellent art items made by our family’s artists.
Apart from the art items, the architecture of the hotel – for both the building and the lush gardens – compliments the art profile of aris hotel. Every year many of our beloved guests say how stunned they are by our magnificent hotel gardens.
Aris hotel is located on the edge of the old town of Paleochora. This way, it is away from the summer noise in the town, but at the same time it is within five minutes’ walk from the town center.
In aris hotel we firmly believe in the value of the traditional Cretan diet. The Cretan diet, based in the diet of the Minoan Civilization thousands of years ago, is the basis of the now famous Mediterranean diet. In aris hotel we serve the – certified by the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels – real “Greek Breakfast”, which includes the best local food.
As we are also open during the winter months, we are the local experts in alternative tourism and activities like walking and trekking. So, no matter the season you visit Paleochora, we can always advise you for great activities to do during your stay.
And our love for nature doesn’t start and stop with alternative tourism. We take great care to make and keep aris hotel a “green hotel”. This is the reason we have installed solar water heaters, solar panels, heat pump, led lights, inverter air conditioners and water savers in addition to the lush gardens and the green surroundings of our hotel.
Regarding the area around Paleochora, for many visitors it is one of the most interesting places, not only in Crete, but in the whole of Greece. Around Paleochora you can find things like:
- Elafonissi, a protected tropical beach unique in Europe, and well known the world over.
- Samaria Gorge, the longest gorge in Europe, and the smaller but equally impressive Agia Irini Gorge.
- Gavdos island to the south of Paleochora, which has some of the best beaches in Crete.
- The picturesque small coastal villages of Sougia, Agia Roumeli and Loutro.
- The magnificent E4 long distance path for walking and trekking.
- The Selinos region with its impressive byzantine churches.
- The archaeological sites of Lissos and Elyros, and the Fortezza Venetian castle in Paleochora.
- Certified “Greek Breakfast ” buffet from 7:30 until 11:00, with fresh local products. Breakfast can also be served in the rooms. We also offer early breakfast service as well as lunch packets.
- Bar (open all day long for fresh juices, snacks, beverages and drinks).
- Reception operates 24 hours
- Free reliable wi-fi
- Free parking
- Free pick up from/to Paleochora bus and boat.
- Free travel information & services (eg fax, photocopies, prints, boat & air travel confirmations).
- Car rental and taxi services (offered by collaborators)
- Massage (offered by collaborators) in our wellness room
- Laundry service
- Tv corner
- Free internet corner with a laptop
- Laptop or tablet to rent
- Vinyl records free listening
- Free beach chairs and parasols (at Methexis beach, 50 meters from the hotel)as well as beach towels.
- Free bikes upon availability
- Free maps
- Free postcards
- Complimentary coffee & tea bags in rooms.
- Free luggage storage and free luggage carriage to bus/boat.
- Quick check in / Late check in
- Flexible check out
- Credit cards are accepted (Visa-Mastercard)
- Discounts when you pay with cash
- Wake up services
Aris hotel is a family business, so we take care of our guests (and most of the time spoil them) like they are members of the family.
In aris hotel we offer all the following facilities:
- Private bathroom in all rooms, with shower and bidet.
- Hot water 24 hours a day.
- Free care items.
- Individually controlled air conditioning (cold or hot, depending on the season).
- Water kettle, cups and glasses, complimentary bottles of water and tea and coffee bags.
- Free wi-fi.
- Safe box.
- Daily house keeping.The sheets are changed every 3 days and the towels are changed every 2-3 days. Towels can be changed more or less often upon request
- baby cots